The Nancy and David Wolf Holocaust & Humanity Center is a world-class museum and education center, located at the historic Union Terminal. We are seeking a full-time Marketing & Outreach Associate to join our inspired team, dedicated to fulfilling our mission of ensuring that the lessons of the Holocaust inspire action today.
The Marketing & Outreach Associate is responsible for supporting the execution of social media, marketing, and outreach strategies for the Center. This is the ideal role for an enthusiastic marketing and outreach professional who is passionate about connecting with others and creating compelling social media brand visibility for an award-winning museum. This role also spearheads the digital and in-person outreach efforts for the Center. In addition to leading on the creation of an innovative social media strategy for the organization, this role is focused on elevating the museum’s brand awareness through direct outreach with target audiences in person and online.
- Creating and executing a cross-platform social media strategy with a focus on compelling video content for TikTok, Instagram, and YouTube
- Works across organizational teams to develop a comprehensive outreach plan to solicit and reach target audiences with the goals of increasing museum attendance, group tour bookings, and event ticketing sales
- Writing and creating compelling digital marketing content including but not limited to blogs and press releases
- Managing all website updates for www.holocaustandhumanity.org
- Representing our organization as the lead ambassador at public events and during high-traffic visitation times at Union Terminal – exemplifying and embodying the spirit of our mission and being a role model of kindness and hope
- Participating in and contributing to the creation, implementation, and success of the overall marketing and communication strategy for the Center
- Completing other tasks and duties as assigned including being available for the occasional weekend or evening public event hosted by the organization
Ideal Experience & Capabilities:
- 2-4 years’ experience in either marketing, communications, PR or journalism
- 4-year degree from accredited college or university; degrees in Marketing, Communications, Journalism preferred
- Experience creating content for all major social media platforms, particularly TikTok, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn
- Experience and passion for photography, videography, and creating video content for social media platforms
- Proficiency with WordPress and other primary Content Management Systems
- Excellent storyteller with a focus on pinpointing and delivering key messages
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Effective collaborator with a commitment to institutional success by working across departments to achieve goals
- High sense of urgency and adept at working in fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Personal commitment to accountability, taking great pride in your work
- Strong commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Nonprofit or museum experience a plus
- A big picture perspective that allows you to identify and manage multiple projects simultaneously while also managing the day-to-day issues that arise
- A friendly, organized multi-tasker who is self-motivated and adaptable
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and willingness to learn new software
- Appreciation for Holocaust and humanity education
Salary & Benefits:
- $40,000-$50,000 commensurate with experience.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance.
- Employer matching retirement program.
- 20 days of PTO in addition to being off on Federal and certain Jewish Holidays.
- Free family membership to the Cincinnati Museum Center.
- A supportive and exciting workplace environment.