Interested in history and how it impacts our lives today? The Nancy & David Wolf Holocaust & Humanity Center ensures that the lessons of the past inspire action today! Floor Staff are an integral part of the HHC team, supporting our daily operations, opening and closing the Museum and managing interactions with our visitors.
Nancy & David Wolf Holocaust and Humanity Center
Job Title: Floor Staff
Reports to: HHC Museum Operations Manager
FLSA Status: PT, hourly
The statements below reflect the general details considered necessary to describe the major responsibilities of the identified position and are not to be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the job. An asterisk (*) indicates that this is an essential function of the job as outlined in the American with Disabilities Act.
The Center’s Floor Staff team opens and closes, coordinates admissions, and welcomes visitors to the Nancy & David Wolf Holocaust & Humanity Museum at Cincinnati’s Union Terminal. The Museum is the newest addition to the Cincinnati Museum Center. As the first point of contact Floor Staff are responsible for delivering a quality experience to our guests and ensuring a safe, friendly, and clean environment.
· Open and close the Museum and coordinate the entry of guests. Monitor visitors during peak attendance to ensure a smooth flow from entry to exit.*
· Provide general orientation, guidance and assistance to visitors, ensuring they have the best experience possible within the HHC Museum and Union Terminal facilities.*
· Assist with execution of other HHC special event programming which may be held within the HHC Museum or in other locations.
· Maintain a safe, clean and efficiently operating work space, preparing incident reports as needed.*
· Participate in initial and ongoing trainings on a variety of topics such as messaging to visitors, Museum technology, safety procedures and ADA issues, with the goal of establishing a world-class facility and service experience.*
· May be required to perform other duties as requested or assigned.
Education and experience:
· High School diploma or equivalent required, higher education preferred
· Demonstrated customer service experience
· Museum experience a plus
Job Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· Must have excellent communication and customer service skills including conflict-resolution, interfacing professionally with diverse internal and external audiences.
· Ability to follow direction, remain flexible, and maintain composure in fast-paced situations.
· Must be able to stand or walk for extended periods of time*
· Must be able to lift up to 30 lbs
· Position is part-time, hourly. Requires flexible schedule to meet business demands, including weekdays, weekends, evenings and holidays. Regular Museum hours are 10am – 5pm, Thursday through Monday, plus additional hours in connection with special events
· Must be able to work independent of direct supervision, performing essential functions in a polite and professional manner*
· Be a part of creating meaningful experiences and lasting memories for visitors to the Nancy & David Wolf Holocaust Museum
· Free parking at Union Terminal
· Discounts at CMC food and beverage concessions and in gift shops
· Discounts on CMC tours, programs and events
Qualified candidates can send resumes to: [email protected]
– EOE – We are an equal opportunity employer!