Yom HaShoah 2020: A Week of Digital Holocaust Remembrance
While we are unable to gather in person, please join us online Sunday, April 19 through Thursday, April 23 for a week of moving Holocaust remembrance programs to remember the six million victims of the Holocaust and honor the survivors. Each day will feature a different program. All times are in Eastern Standard Time (EST).
- Sunday, April 19 at 1:00 PM | Webinar with distinguished speaker Dr. Rachel Korazim on “Facing Absence” Register Here
- Monday, April 20 at Noon | Watch acclaimed violinist and Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra’s 2019-2020 Artist-in-Residence Guy Braunstein perform meaningful musical selections. Performance video will be available on HHC’s Facebook and Vimeo pages.
- Tuesday, April 21 at Noon | Virtual commemoration with a communal moment of silence at 12:15 pm. If you cannot join us online, we invite you to take a moment of silence and light a candle in your home to remember those who perished in the Holocaust. Register Here
- Wednesday, April 22 at 11:00 AM | Holocaust Survivor Testimony: Zahava Rendler will share her story of living as a child in hiding during the Holocaust as part of the Holocaust Speaker Series, sponsored by Margaret and Michael Valentine. Register Here
- Thursday, April 23 | Carrying Remembrance into the Future
- 11:00 AM: View Dr. Michael Meyer’s oral history interview on HHC’s Facebook and Vimeo pages and learn about his experience fleeing the Holocaust.
- Throughout the Day: Watch students perform poems inspired by the experiences of local Holocaust survivors and hear essays written by students reflecting on the importance of continuing to tell the stories of Holocaust survivors. Posted throughout the day on HHC’s Facebook page.
Questions: Sarah Schneider, email@example.com or 513-487-3055
Presented in partnership with the Jewish Federation of Cincinnati, Jewish Family Service, and the Mayerson JCC.
Thank you to the 2020 Yom HaShoah Committee:
Rabbi Benjamin Chaidell
Rabbi Shena Potter Jaffee
Photo credit: Janine Spang