Roma & Sam Kaltman Holocaust Studies for Educators 2021: June 14-30, 2021
During the 2021 Roma & Sam Kaltman Holocaust Studies for Educators, educators will learn the most effective and engaging techniques for teaching the Holocaust in their classroom. Here are five questions answered about HHC’s Holocaust Studies for Educators Institute.
- The institute will help you change the way your students think. It will help you teach them empathy, critical thinking as well as developing reading and writing skills. It helps you connect your students to history and their world today.
- The institute will equip you with primary sources, giving you great suggestions on using literature, art, and film as resources to engage students.
- It’s an unmatched opportunity to converse with and learn from renowned scholars.
- You will connect and have meaningful discussions with other educators and museum staff, forming lasting professional relationships.
- Elizabeth Baer, Ph.D., is a research professor in English at Gustavus Adolphus College. Dr. Baer serves at the United Stated Holocaust Memorial Museum for the Senior Historian Office.
- Doris Bergen, Ph.D. is the Chancellor Rose and Ray Wolfe Professor of Holocaust Studies. Her research focuses on issues of religion, gender, and ethnicity in the Holocaust.
- Christina Chavarría is the Program Coordinator in the Levine Institute for Holocaust Education at the United States Holocaust Memorial Museum.
- Laura B. Cohen, Ph.D. is Executive Director of the Harriet and Kenneth Kupferberg Holocaust Center at Queensborough Community College/CUNY in Bayside, New York.
- David M. Crane is the founding Chief Prosecutor of the Special Court for Sierra Leone from 2002 to 2005 after being appointed by Secretary General of the United Nations, Kofi Annan.
- Peter Hayes (Ph.D., Yale, 1982) specializes in the histories of Nazi Germany and the Holocaust and in the conduct of the nation’s largest corporations during the Third Reich.
- Wendy Lower, Ph.D. is the John K. Roth Professor of History and George R. Roberts Fellow at Claremont McKenna College.
ADDITIONAL RESOURCES FOR EDUCATORS
- HHC Teacher Appreciation Week Giveaway
- Check out all educator programs and resources
- Sign up for the Roma & Sam Kaltman Holocaust Studies for Educators Institute on June 14-30, 2021
- Nominate an educator to be our Upstander of the Week
- Browse our virtual offerings like virtual museum tours, Zoom visits with Holocaust survivors, and more
- Plan a socially distanced, in-person tour of the museum at Union Terminal in Cincinnati